Marca Doeff has been a staff scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory since 1990 and is a member of the Electrochemical Technologies group (ECT) in the Energy Storage and Distributed Resources Division (ESDRD). She has worked on materials for electrochromics, lithium and sodium polymer batteries, lithium ion batteries, solid-state lithium batteries, and sodium ion batteries with aqueous or organic electrolytes. This work has resulted in publication of approximately 135 peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and extended abstracts as well as six patents.
Marca is currently the treasurer of the Battery Division. She has co-organized several symposia on batteries for the International Conference on Advanced Ceramics and Composites (American Ceramics Society) and the Electrochemical Society including a recent one on room temperature sodium batteries.
Additionally, Marca has been invited to speak at numerous prestigious international conferences:
- American Chemical Society meetings in Boston (Fall 2011) and New Orleans (Spring 2013)
- Pacific Rim Meeting on Electrochemical and Solid-State Science/222nd Meeting of the Electrochemical Society (October 2012)
- Power Our Future conference in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain (March 2012)
- Pacific Power Symposium in Waikoloa, HI (January 2010 and 2012)
- International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies in Singapore in July 2007 and 2009.
Marca was a finalist in the Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology CleanTech Innovation Awards, April 2008. She served on the Technical Affairs committee of the Electrochemical Society from 2003-2007 and as a member-at-large of the Battery Division of the Electrochemical Society from 2010-2012. Also, she has served on review panels for the National Science Foundation Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSECs) and for the Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Marca has been married to Douglas Taube since October 1990, and enjoys participating in outdoor activities such as hiking, bicycling, and skiing as well as traveling to exotic locales like Indonesia and Peru with him. She also participates in yoga and dance and is very fond of cats.