Our energy technologies research focuses on two areas: leaner-burning combustion technologies, and physical and chemical technologies for advanced materials, sensors and controls.
Physical and chemical technologies research focuses on technologies for advanced materials, sensors and controls:
- Chemical analysis (femtosecond laser ablation)
- Advanced sensors (laser ultrasonics)
- Advanced materials and nanotechnology for clean energy
- hydrogen storage
- nanostructured organic light-emitting diodes
- nanowires and nanoparticles
- Photons to fuels (biosynthetic pathways for generating hydrocarbon biofuels in photosynthetic organisms).