The Energy Technologies Area's (ETA's) energy-efficiency program and market trends research include technical, economic, and policy analysis to inform public and private decision-making on public interest issues related to utility-sector energy-efficiency programs and regulation, as well as government-funded energy-efficiency initiatives.
Our Berkeley Lab and ETA research in this area is focused on:
- Energy-efficiency portfolio planning and market assessment
- Design and implementation of a portfolio of energy-efficiency programs that achieve various policy objectives
- Utility-sector energy-efficiency business models
- Options for administering energy-efficiency programs
- Evaluation, measurement and verification of energy-efficiency impacts
- Energy service company (ESCO) industry and market trends and performance.