ETA’s energy efficiency program and market trends research includes technical, economic and policy analysis to inform public and private decision-making on public interest issues related to utility-sector energy efficiency programs and regulation, as well as government-funded energy efficiency initiatives.
Berkeley Lab and ETA research in this area is focused on:
- Energy efficiency portfolio planning and market assessment
- Design and implementation of a portfolio of energy efficiency programs that achieve various policy objectives
- Utility-sector energy efficiency business models
- Options for administering energy efficiency programs
- Evaluation, measurement and verification of energy efficiency impacts
- Energy service company (ESCO) industry and market trends and performance