Don Grether came to the Lab in 1968 as a Post Doc in the Physics Division and worked on particle physics experiments at the Bevatron, SLAC, and the Rutherford Lab in England. Starting around 1972 he worked with Michael Wahlig to establish a solar energy program. Don joined the new Energy & Enviroment Division (E&E) in the spring of 1974. As solar energy became largely defunded at the National Level in 1981 Don accepted a position as the Deputy Division Director when Elton Cairns was the Division Director. Don retained that position as the Division's name was changed from E&E to the Applied Science Division (ASD), back to E&E, and then the Environmental Energy Technologies Division (EETD) under DIvision DIrector Mark Levine. Don retired in 2005 and served as a Rehired Retiree until 2011. Since then he has been an Affiliate. During his tenure as a Deputy Division Director and as a Rehired Retiree Don accumulated materials about the Division dating from several years before E&E was formally established on November 1, 1973 up through his Rehired Retiree appointment. As an Affiliate, he has been working with the Energy Technologied Area (ETA) Communications Office on a History Project that would incorporate the materials in a time line starting from way back in 1931 up to the point that ETA was established, plus a few events since then.