Simulation Research researchers specialize in the research, development and deployment of software that supports building design and operation, as well as the research of next-generation building energy and control systems.
Programs developed by ETA researchers include the following:
- EnergyPlus whole-building simulation program
- Modelica Buildings library for rapid prototyping and controls design
- Building Controls Virtual Test Bed for co-simulation and for model-based operation
- GenOpt generic optimization program
- EnergyPlusToFMU to export EnergyPlus as a Functional Mock-up Unit for co-simulation.
The Simulation Research Group is also leading, with RWTH Aachen, the International Energy Agency's Annex 60, which is developing new-generation computational tools for building and community energy systems based on the Modelica and Functional Mockup Interface standards.