Please Visit our Website
The purpose of industrial energy analysis is to empower industry and other large energy users to be globally competitive by obtaining the highest value from available energy and water resources.
ETA assesses the impacts of combustion systems fueled with conventional and next-generation fuels, and develops low-emission combustion systems with increased system efficiency for industrial applications.
- Revitalize the Combustion Lab and Group
- Facilitate tech transfer
Industrial Energy Systems
ETA develops tools, market assessments, and strategies for quantifying and educating industry on energy system efficiency (i.e., pumps, fans, compressed air, process heat, steam).
- Recognized world leader in industrial energy system efficiency assessment
- Leading major DOE national study of commercial and industrial motor systems and markets
ETA demonstrates and assesses demand response strategies and opportunities, and creates models to understand load profiles, demand response availability, value to system operators, and deployment tools.
- Developed Agricultural Irrigation Demand Response Estimation Tool
- Developing Refrigerated Warehouses Demand Response Quick Assessment Tool
Industrial Policy, Analysis, and Program Design
ETA assesses technologies and practices for improving industrial energy efficiency, operations, productivity, and emissions; models energy use for forecasting, scenario analysis and economy-wide lifecycle impacts; and develops and evaluates energy efficiency policy and programs.
- Recognized for expertise in Energy and Water policy and program design
- Recent contributions:
- California Statewide Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan (2008, 2014)
- ISO Strategic Advisory Committee on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- DOE Better Buildings, Better Plants
- DOE Water Savings Pilot